some of the things that one might need to do after closing
- check usps office for moving coupons
- change the lock after getting the key to house
- do a binding contract with moving company (check the forum for different company)
- video record all your product before moving
- ask your current provider of utilities(gas,electricity etc.,) to move services to new place to avoid credit check for new application.
- compare the gas rates in ga and lock the rate with gas provider (12 months)
- Take a load mgmt switch from electricity company – will give bill credit in summer
- Try buying all the appliances(refrigerator,washer dryer) , garage door opener ,lawn care products (mowing,trimming,blowing,bricks etc.,) at one time from homedepot
- Ask for bid room price in homedepot for all your purchases totaling more than 3/4 thousand along with store/manufacturer promotions.
- It is better to take warranty on the appliances from store as it cost less bucks for 5 yr compared to squaretrade or anyother company
- You can negotiate on the warranty
- Home owners insurance needed as part of closing.
- Home security system (better to have it incase of fire alert) and you can get discount in home insurance.
- Ask for multiple discount from same insurance company by combining home auto security system etc.,
- Register in epropertywatch
- Stores has satureday session to teach ‘Do it yourself’ projects
- Some of the things are very easy to DIY which can help you on health and wealth
- Filing for homestead exemption with your county office
- Note down the closing attorney’s email and phone no for future ref
- Note down email county officer’s email for receiving a soft copy of closing document once county register your house (takes couple of month)
- Keep all your documents for tax filing.
- Schedule online bill pay for mtg with all other utility bill and monitor for first couple of month.
Calculate your monthly mortgage payment using the free calculator . A house is the largest purchase most of us will ever make so it’s important to calculate what your mortgage payment will be and how much you can afford. Estimate your monthly payments and see the effect of adding extra payments.
- How much interest can be saved by increasing your mortgage payment? This mortgage payoff calculator helps you find out. Click the “View Report” button to see a complete amortization payment schedule.
- Interest paid on a mortgage is tax deductible if itemized on the tax return. So are points that are paid to lower the interest rate. Use this mortgage tax deduction calculator to determine how much you could save in income taxes. Click on the “View Report” button to view the results in detail.
Deciding whether to refinance a mortgage is all about the numbers. Whether you’re seeking a lower monthly payment or looking to shorten the length of a mortgage , refinancing makes sense when you can reduce the costs of the loan. Use this calculator to guide your decision.
How long will it take to break even on a mortgage refinance? That depends on a multitude of factors, including your current interest rate, the new potential rate, closing costs and how long you plan to stay in your home. Use this calculator to sort through the confusion and determine if refinancing your mortgage is a sound financial decision. Click the “View Report” button for a detailed look at your records.
How much interest can you save if you refinance your mortgage? This calculator helps you find out. Enter the specifics about your current mortgage, along with your current appraised value, new loan term, rate and closing costs. This will determine how much interest refinancing can save you. In addition, it will calculate the number of months to break even on closing costs with your reduced monthly payment. Click the “View Report” button for a detailed look at the results.
sit and relax in your yard.
best of luck
American dream – owning a home