- Peel the prawns and marinate them with the garlic, ginger, teriaki, hoisin (or oyster)& lime juice, covered, in the fridge for apprx 2 hours.
- Just before BBQ (or broiling) and heat (BBQ medium-high heat, broiler about 6″ from heat).
- Use 2 parallel wooden skewers for each brochette (this prevents them from flopping and you can cook them evenly on both sides).
- Baste the prawns with the sesame seed oil.
- Place a quarter wedge of lime on the end of each brochette.
- BBQ Or broil for apprx 5 minutes each side, the time depends on the size of the prawn.
- do not over cook they are done when they turn pink To serve garnish with the cilantro.
- 32large prawns
- 1clove garlic, chopped
- 1teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1tablespoon hoisin sauce or 1 tablespoonoyster sauce
- 1lime, juice of (apprx 1 tbsp)
- 2tablespoons sesame oil
- 1tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1lime, quartered