Odisha is a unique combination of beautiful locations, exotic cultures and warm & friendly people. Here are a few Great Amazing Unknown Facts about Odisha.
1. First defence experiment station establishment before independence..Now DRDO Chandipur.
2.Bhubaneswar..The Kalinga War against Ashoka triggered world’s first ever missionary activities spreading Buddhism
3. India’s largest deposit of Iron ore, Bauxite, Manganese, Chromite and Nickel.
4. The oldest lighthouse of bay of Bengal is in Hukitola of Kendrapara
5. Unknown force of sea tide and sea recedes nearly 3 km. Unique phenomena in Chandipur beach of Balasore.
5. 1100 square kilometers of water body is Chilika lake, home to Irawadi Dolphins.
6. Hirakud dam of Sambalpur is longest earthen dam in world.
7. Konark sun temple is the only grand sun temple in world among many sun temples.
8. Odia is the only classical language of Indo aryan origin and only language that most resemblances with Sanskrit
9. Puri Jagannath temple having largest kitchen in world that serve 10000 peoples to 1000000 people based on different occasion.
10. India’s oldest classical dance Odissi belongs to Odisha.
11. The incredible railway journey from Rayaguda to Koraput is of spell binding beauty.
12. Bhitarkanika is home to various flora and fauna of mangrove forest..the famous being worlds longest salt water Crocodiles
13. In mythology Odisha is home to 3 shaktipeeth among 51 are Bimla temple at puri,Biraja temple at Jajpur town and Tara Tarini at Ganjam district.
14. First Linguistic state of India created in 1936
15. Home to largest number of tribal communities of India.Some being as indegenious as natives of Andaman or Congo Africa, and some are modern tribes like Munda Oraon.
16. Lingaraj is the best of surviving temples from 5000 erected at Temple city of Bhubaneswar.
17. Odisha is home to India’s largest number of heritage Manuscripts.
18. Koraput is hope for bio diversity of idigenous paddy variety recorded by International union of conservation of flora and fauna.
19. Simlipal is only forest in world having maximum orchid variety and having rarest and endangered species of flora and fauna that found nowhere in earth.
20. Odisha is home to one Ancient university of world the Puspagiri university near Jajpur, contemporary of Nalanda university of Bihar
21. Odisha is largest manufacture of handlooms. The notable place are Bargarh, Sambalpur,Berhampur, Cuttack and Pipli.
22. Nandan Kanan is the largest natural zoo in India that get first Internationalrecognization.It is the only zoo having white Tiger Safari.
23. Odisha is home to India’s two largest waterfall: one is in Simlipal other is Pradhanpat in Deogarh.
24. Odisha is home to many hills with highest point like Mahendragiri, Deomali and Malayagiri.
25. Odisha is first state to reform electricity and privatization for proper management of it.
26. Odisha is origin to different delicious sweets and snacks like the most famous Rasagulla Chenapoda Chennajhilli Kheeri Chennagaja Rasabali and others.
27. Odisha Chausath Jogini temple is one of the oldest tantrik site in India as mentioned in tantrik text and mythology.
28. Nalco plant in Angul district is largest aluminium plant in Asia.
29. Palm leaf painting, Silk painting using natural dye, handicrafts, stone sculpture abound are done in Odisha.
30. HAL Sunabeda is the largest unit of HAL and production of MIG engine.
31. Odisha is only state in India least influnced by invaders, colonialism
32. Odisha is very ancient & the oldest rocks at Mayurbhanj date back to 3 billion years.
33. Yes RSP is the 1st integrated PSU controlled steel plant of india.
34. First municipality system incorporated in Baripada of orissa in 19th. century.
35. The street light system of also first followed in Baripada of Odisha in 19th century.
Proud to be an ODIA…👍